- Involved in the strategic role of a parent company (Energy Solutions, now part of the Atkins Group) over a licensed subsidiary, including oversight over safety case issues, security and enforcement issues;
- Reviewing and advising on Magnox Framework Agreements and representing company in negotiations with the NDA over amendments and consolidation of the PBA and M&O Contract relating to the Magnox sites;
- Advising and drafting on commercial agreements including Memorandums of Understanding, Collaboration Agreements, Joint Venture Agreements, Consortium and Teaming Agreements for EnergySolutions;
- Playing an active role (including commercial dialogue) in Magnox/RSRL PBOCompetition under the Public Contracts Regulations 2006;
- Advising the Board on legal and compliance issues, risk management and
- Implementing new anti-bribery policy, guidance and procedures in compliance with UK Bribery Act 2010 together with advising on data protection policy issues and information requests;
- Advising on trademark and intellectual property issues as well as Employment and Consultancy Agreements
- Managing Company`s property and insurance arrangements, together with legal budget and external lawyers
- Advising on policy issues including implementation of changes to UK legislation following changes to the Paris and Brussels Conventions on nuclear third-party liability and UK radioactive waste policy.
- Providing stand-alone advice to clients on regulatory compliance, including radioactive substances, waste and waste packaging, waste shipment regulations, carriage of dangerous goods and the Environmental Permitting Regulations;
- Advising on licensing and delicensing issues including compliance with
license conditions, nuclear liability insurance, transport, safeguards, security, interpretation of the “no danger” principle etc.