Moorside Site – Cumbria
- Advising KEPCO on their initial involvement on acquisition of a shareholding in the ownership of the Moorside site;
- Leading negotiations for approval of the AP1400 technology for deployment at the Moorside site;
- Working alongside the financial and technical advisors and the KEPCO team in intense discussions with DECC to achieve a final investment decision from KEPCO;
- Due diligence and advisory work on the GDA process and the technical
requirements for KEPCO to enter the UK nuclear market;
- Due Diligence on the existing shareholders and financial support for the existing site licence holder and detailed negotiations with other shareholding interests;
- Advising on the process for entry into the UK market, the technical and legal requirements including the regulatory structure in the UK for safety and security during the process of approvals, consents, construction, commissioning and operation.